Friday 24 May 2013

Don't worry, be happy.

Oh, all right then!

I was chatting to the check-out guy in the Co-op about the sad goings-ons in Oklahoma and he said: "If we shed a tear for every person in the world that's suffering, we'd never stop crying." I try to avoid watching or reading World News. It's just one bad or sad thing after another. As I have no control over bad or sad things that happen around the world, what's the point in bringing myself down by knowing about all of them? Local News is a bit more relevant. I try to concentrate all my effort into keeping my life running smoothly.

If something really bad is about to happen to me or happens, I do everything in my power to make things better. If the really bad thing is completely beyond my control, I have to accept it. There's no point in wasting time going through Kübler-Ross stages 1 to 3 (denial, anger, bargaining). Stage 4 (depression) is a tricky one, as sometimes it just happens.

Finally, I treat people the way I'd like them to treat me. If they treat me respectfully, I do likewise. If they treat me disrespectfully, they get 1-2-3 Magic!

I've just installed f.lux, which adjusts the colour "temperature" on my lap-top screen, to suit the time of day.

No comments: